Beauty,Fashion and Lifestyle

Tuesday 7 January 2014

My Favourite Lipsticks | Winter Edition




Hi guys!
Today I thought I would share with you my favourite lipsticks for the season. All of these lipsticks I have been reaching for a lot over the last couple of months. During the winter I seem to grab the more berry coloured lipsticks, while in the summer I love to wear my bright coral and peachy coloured lipsticks.

All of these lipsticks are beautiful! They all tick the right boxes, they are beautiful colours, they are long lasting, they have lovely textures and they are highly pigmented. I just love them all! Besides the Revlon lip butter which is extremely moisturising and creamy, all of the other lipsticks have matte/satin finishes, and surprisingly none of them are drying to your lips in any way shape or form. I do use a lip balm before I apply my lipstick so maybe that has something to do I with it, but I have never had any problems with dryness. I am going through a Matte lipstick loving stage! They are so easy, you slap it on and leave it for hours without having to worry about re applying. Ideal.

First up is my favourite red at the moment, Really Red by Revlon which has a matte finish. It reminds me of  Macs Ruby Woo, but with an orange undertone. It looks almost velvety on the lips.

Next up is Called Up by Topshop. How beautiful is the packaging? I love Topshops make up, it's luxurious but with a small price tag! You can't go wrong. This is a mulberry colour, I get endless compliments whenever I wear this colour, it looks lovely with my pale complexion.

Perpetual Flame by Mac is my favourite ever lipstick! It is one of their Pro Longwear Lipcremes, and lasts all day with one application. It's amazing. I would describe it as a lovely pinky cranberry colour. ( worst description ever! )

Red Velvet by Revlon, is a lovely dark red. Like all lip butters it is extremely creamy and moisturising, and is therefore ideal for the bitter cold, winter weather. 

Next is the extremely popular 107 from Kate Moss's collection with Rimmel. I love her lipsticks and have a full review Here . This is again an extremely dark berry/plum colour.

Last but not least, and one of my favourite all time lipsticks Pom Pom by Soap and Glory. If any of you haven't tried their lipsticks you need to. Don't be put off by the £9 price tag, I was until I received this one as a gift and fell in love. This a matte pomegranate pink colour, and is extremely pigmentated. It also lasts all day! It gives Perpetual Flame a run for its money, literally!

And that is it for my favourite winter lipsticks, I hope you enjoyed this post.
What colours do you tend to go for during the winter.?


<3



No comments:

Post a Comment