Beauty,Fashion and Lifestyle

Wednesday 24 April 2013

How To Get Rid of Dark Knees/Elbows.

Since i can remember i have always had dark marks around my knees. If some of you have no idea what i am talking about then here is a picture that i have found on the Web :)



Mine were never this bad, but this is a good example.
I have always been really self-conscious due to the darker spots on my knees, and in the end decided that it was time to do something about it. I then did some research on line and found this natural process that helps to lighten the marks. I got some excellent results from doing this process and thought it would be good to share it with you all. After two weeks of doing this my marks had visibly become lighter.

Dark marks on your knees are a build up of dead skins cells, we therefore need to moisturise and exfoliate them.

What you will need:
Olive Oil
Sugar
Lemon/Lime Juice (Or a lemon/lime)
Cotton Pads/Balls
Moisturiser
A Bowl/Plate
Spoon
Towel



  • If you already have an harsh exfoliator then you can skip this step. I used olive oil and sugar to make my own exfoliator. The sugar will get rid of any dead skin cells and the olive oil will moisturise the area. I used two teaspoons of sugar to one teaspoon of olive oil and mixed them together, on a plate. But you can also use a bowl.
  • Exfoliate the whole of the knee area paying particular attention to the dark areas. This should get rid of dead skin cells around the knees.




  • The next step is to apply some Lemon/Lime juice all over your knee area using a Cotton pad/ball. Obviously if you have fresh lemons/limes then you need to cut them and squeeze the juice out of them.



  • Make sure you cover the whole area thoroughly and then leave the juice to sink into the skin. Lemon and Lime juice have natural antioxidants in them which will encourage the breakdown of dead skin cells.






  • Once the juice has sank into the skin you need to apply a moisturiser onto the knee. I have been using Lush's Dream Cream, however, this month in my glossy box i received Nip and Fab's Coconut Latte which contains cocoa butter. I would recommend using something which contains cocoa butter as well as vitamin E to get even better results.
  • I do this daily, just before i go to bed. However, you could do as often as you feel is necessary.

I hope i have helped at least one of you with this post :) i definitely recommend trying this. It really does get rid of them pesky marks.














No comments:

Post a Comment