Beauty,Fashion and Lifestyle

Tuesday 12 March 2013

Glossybox February 2013 | My first Glossybox

MY FIRST EVER GLOSSYBOX! 
How exciting :)



For anyone who doesn't know what Glossybox is, it is a company who sends out samples of beauty products for people to try out. The boxes come monthly, cost £10 a month and contain between 5-6 samples.
I think that this is great because it allows people to try out new beauty products for a small price. Some of the brands that i have been sent, i never would have considered. However, now i have checked out different products from the brands and have been pleasantly surprised.
The boxes also come in such pretty packaging! You can tell that a lot of thought has gone into them.







So, so pretty and PINK. 
With each Glossybox you get a guide on what items you have inside, and sometimes you get discount vouchers for the full sized products in case you want to purchase them.
This months Glossybox was Valentines day themed. So as well as receiving my five samples i also received a heart shaped lolly :) which went down a treat.


I was pleasantly surprised with the box that i got. (Boxes do vary from person to person)

I received:

MeMeMe Fat Cat mascara
Narciso Rodriguez For Her Perfume
Helen E Lipstick
Micabella Mineral blush powder
 Voulez-Vous Body Oil

MeMeMe Fat Cat Mascara
This actually came in the full size, which is worth £7.99. I personally prefer really wet mascaras which have the plastic brushes. So when i saw that this mascara had a bristle brush i was instantly disappointed. I have found that this mascara isn't wet enough for my top lashes, and it doesn't give them enough volume and definition. However, this mascara is perfect for my bottom lashes, and i use this regularly. I don't think that i like it enough to purchase it myself, but i will use it all up.

Narciso Rodriguez For Her Perfume
I cant remember what this perfume smelt like, but it was amazing! I have already used up all of this perfume, and am temped to buy the full size when i use up the perfume that i am using at the moment. I had so many compliments on my perfume when i was wearing this, so it mustn't just be me who LOVES the smell! Just wish i could remember what it actually smelt like.

Helen E Lipstick
I got this lipstick in the shade Caribbean which was a Coral red. PERFECT for me! We all know how much i love my oranges. It is so moisturising, and long lasting. I have almost used this lipstick up, i wore it everyday for about a week when i first got it, i loved it that much! When this runs out, i am definitely going to repurchase it. The only downside to this, is that the lid always falls off! I constantly have to clean it, because the lid has come off in my pocket or bag. Other than that it is great! 

Micabella Mineral blush powder
I cant say that i am a big fan of this. The colour is just too dark, for my extremely pale skin. And it is really hard to buff it out on my skin, mainly because of how small the pot is, when i dip my brush into the pot, way to much product goes onto it. I understand that the full sized product wouldn't have this problem, but i just don't like it. I prefer compressed blush powders to this. They are just so much easier.

 Voulez-Vous Body Oil
This is the only product in the box that i haven't used yet. But i have this oil in the flavour Margarita, which i think is kind of cool. Once i have used this i will review it separately :)


Overall, my first Glossybox experience has been a good one :) I have also just received my March Glossybox which i will review once i have used the products inside it!





No comments:

Post a Comment